Departures: Daily and private tours available upon request.
Accommodation: Mountain Tents
Your certified mountain tour guide will pick you up from your hotel at 8am. You will drive for one and a half hours in our four wheels drive (3400 meters above sea level), where our transportation will drop you off to start the ascent.
You will hike for approximately 5 hours until the Misti base camp located at 4800 meters high, this trail is sandy and slippery. Once in the base camp, you will have dinner, set-up your tent and have a chance to enjoy the beautiful sunset.
The day will start early at 4am with a beautiful healthy breakfast. Following breakfast you will start climbing to the summit of the volvano. Today we will followa vertical ascent (hard and freezing) forabout 6 hours, including the snow area, depending on the season(crampons + ice axe - Snow season only).
The time of ascent will depend on the physical condition and acclimatization of each climber.
Once we reach the Summit, depend on time we will descend into the mayor crater where it is possible to see volcano activity. Alternatively we will have a short walk over the top and around the biggest crater of this volcano. There is time for pictures as well as an opportunity to soak up the beautiful landscapes from the highest mountain in this volcanic chain. At midday, we will descend to base camp, pack up camp and descend further to find our transportation waiting for us to return to Arequipa. Estimated arrival time to Arequipa is 5pm.
This tour includes:
- Certified Experienced Mountain English-Speaking guide
- Porter to carry foods and camping gear (tents & mattresses - Private Service only)
- Private four wheel drive (4x4)
- Camping Equipment (Four seasons mountain tent and mattresses)
- Cooking gear
- Climbing equipment such as crampons, ice axe and rope, only if there is snow on the top
- Meals on the Mountain (1 lunches - 1 hot dinner - 1 hot breakfast)
- Plenty of hot Coca tea
- Oxygen bottle and first aid kit for the participants and our camp staff
- Communication system, guides climb with their mobile phones
- Tents and food for our camp staff
We recommend you bring: Warm clothing, 5 litres of water, snacks.